Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fine Jewelry from Cheyenne Palisades








My signature line of jewelry is modeled after the Navajo-made silver-and-turquoise bracelets, necklaces, and belts of the American Southwest. I love that stuff, and was simply unable to find it in Second Life.

What I did find was photos-pasted-on-a-prim or thin filigree with miniscule stones. I wanted jewelry with substance, made of prims, and so I created some to wear on my own avi.

It was such a hit I made it with other stones, and with other metals.

The line now includes a belt, two types of earrings, two types of bracelets, and three necklaces, all in abalone, amethyst, carnelian, citrine, jade, lapis lazuli, malachite, onyx, and turquoise, and in silver, gold, and bronze. I’ve been stuffing pieces into vendors as fast as I can, and I’m now making fat packs for each variation.

When I catch a breath, I plan to make headpieces, armbands, navel rings, and other pieces, all in the same range of metals and stones.

IM me if you would like pieces in a stone or metal you don’t see. I’ll be happy to oblige.

2 comments:

Corgi said...

Hi, Cheyenne!

I was wondering, especially since you said you were adding copper to your metals, if you might be persuaded to also add rhodochrosite to the stone list? I've got some textures I just made the other day that I can send you to see if they're acceptable for your work (save you the trouble?).

Corgi

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Corgi, I'm going to look up rhodochrosite right now.

I just added silver and gold in carnelian, another red stone. Take a look at the pix. And if you lay those textures on me, I will do for you copper in rhodo-- rhodo--
rhodor-- red stone. :)